Begin your career with MPD in June 2017 as a Police Service Technician (PST) earning $26,000+ per year
Complete your Associates Degree FREE OF CHARGE at Southwest Tennessee Community College
At age 21, become BEST IN BLUE — a Memphis Police Officer – earning $41,000+ per year
Sat., Feb. 18 – 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Sat., Feb. 18 – 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Sat., Mar. 11 – 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Sat., Mar.. 11– 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Location: Southwest Tennessee Community College–
Macon Campus (5983 MaconCove) —
Bornblum Library Auditorium (ML 122).
Free parking is available
Blue Path Challenge
Sat., Mar. 18 – 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Once you’ve completed your Blue Path application and attended an information session, we’ll get you signed up for the Blue Path Challenge. It will be a fun day with physical challenge and teambuilding where we hope you’ll show us why you should be part of the best in blue!
Location: Memphis Police Training Academy–
4371 O.K. Robertson Rd.
Memphis, TN 38127
Free parking is available
Please Be On Time for all Events!
For more information call
1-800-318-4164 or 901-636-4473 then go to prompt 4
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who’s eligible to apply?
– Memphis area high school senior on track to graduate by June 2017
– Must be age 18 before June 26, 2017
– Must desire to serve your community, and exhibit good character
– Must be a US citizen and a resident of Shelby County
– Must have submitted TN Promise application by November 1, 2016
– Must be free of felony convictions and drug use.
If I’m accepted to the Blue Path program, what must I do to seal the employment deal with MPD?
– Spend 5-6 Saturdays in an engaging “pre-employment” program
– Complete the MPD application for Police Service Technician (PST)
– Graduate from high school by June 2017
– Have a valid Tennessee driver’s license before June 26, 2017
Once employed by MPD, what then?
– Starting on June 26, 2017, you’ll be employed as a Police Service Technician (PST) trainee earning $26,000+ per year. You’ll start with a 6-week training course with MPD Academy, earning you credit hours towards your Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice from Southwest Tennessee Community College
– In August 2017, you’ll then begin PST duties ranging from controlling and directing traffic to reporting criminal behavior.
– In September 2017 you’ll also continue coursework towards an Associate’s degree (free of charge), taking classes with your fellow PSTs one day a week for four or five semesters.
Graduate to the Best In Blue!
– Once you complete your Associate’s degree, and are within 4 months of age 21, you’ll be offered the opportunity to complete the 21-week MPD Training Academy to become a police officer earning $41,000+ per year.